Monday, June 22, 2020

022 #blogjune 2020 - The shortest Mash-UP

022 #blogjune 2020

People are complex. You can be smart and still look hot.
You can be a punk rocker yet have a refined vocabulary.
It's all about this mashup that makes us who we are and I think that's a beautiful thing.

- Nadia Giosia


Song of the Blog:
"'It's the terror of knowing what the world is about
Watching some good friends screaming "Let me out!"
"
- Queen, David Bowie



After the longest night - I thought it was time for the shortest blog. This morning as I was looking for something else on Google, I stumbled upon the work of 'Butcher Billy'. This Brazilian designer and illustrator (42) creates some amazing pop-culture mash-ups... combining everything from bands, movies and books I love. Stephen King (we all know what a HUGE King fan I am - 2020 seems to be written by him), David Bowie and best of all; he has created covers of a fictional comic series called 'Planet Mercury comics' with Queen lyrics combined with comic book elements. Needless to say I have joined the 104K followers on Instagram and look forward to any future creations!




No comments:

Post a Comment