Monday, June 3, 2019

006 - #blogjune 003 - Ain't about the uh cha-ching cha-ching

“Business, you know, may bring money, but friendship hardly ever does.”
- Jane Austen, Emma

One of my earliest memories of money is drawing some of the dutch banknotes at primary school age. I copied a 10, 25 and 100 note. Sadly the 100 one got lost over the years, but I still have the other two, I found them the other day and compared them to the real thing. For a young little Dutch boy, they weren't that bad really. Not that they would have fooled any shopkeepers nor do I believe it would count me as a counterfeiter.



Drawing has always been a major part of my life. Most of my drawings ended up in school newspapers or as cards for family and friends. Mostly work that was done out of love and the passion for creating. When I was asked by a friend to supply some small drawings for a computer magazine he was publishing I was really excited to actually get paid for the first time for my cartoons. 

Somewhere among my fast archive of paperwork, archive boxes that have shifted around so many times there is a copy of that magazine. One thing I really need to still do is work on a better archiving system for all my memories, because they are the best bits in life that money can't buy. I WILL be in need of one other valuable commodity: ... TIME.

I know it is in there ... somewhere...


No comments:

Post a Comment