Saturday, June 5, 2021

039 - #blogjune 05 - Happy Hot Air Balloon Day!

 

 

 

 

 

 



 




 “We should all have personal hot air balloons
and drift serenely through the clouds.” 
- Rhys Bowen

Song of the Blog:
“It might seem crazy what I'm 'bout to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air,

- Pharrell Williams




Hot air balloons are the oldest form of technology for carrying humans, and so they definitely deserve to be celebrated. This day is simply about paying honor to this mode of transport, and to raise awareness about the history of transport. I can't remember actually having been in the air with one. I have been to ones that were still on the ground and a few times have seen them at special hot air balloon days in Hamilton.


Wow - April 2003 - THAT was a LONG time ago!

 
There have been several accidents in the news that I will always remember and that's probably what kept me from ever doing it. There was one in Florida, at Disney Springs that was basically tethered on ropes. Not quite the same experience.
As it is I am not a big fan of heights. I even have problems standing on bridges or high buildings. Just playing a PS4 game that will have me climb something really high can give me an unpleasant feeling in my stomach. I will stay at the bottom with my two feet, thank you very much.


Mr. Q signing off for another day of #blogjune!


eRiQ
PO Box 60,
Hawera 4640
New Zealand









No comments:

Post a Comment