Tuesday, May 25, 2021

034 - It's time to come together

 



 




 “All the best parts of art come from pain turned to celebration.” 
- Natalia Kills

Song of the Blog:
"
It's time to come together
It's up to you, what's your pleasure?
Everyone around the world, come on"

- Kool & The Gang





On Facebook I saw that one of my favourite comic book artists, Eric Heuvel, turned 61 today - I still have seven years to go before I reach that 'milestone'... We used to send cards to people we knew for their birthdays, now it's a quick message on Facebook. Times have changed and it's amazing how fast time has gone and how there are so many things we look back on. 




Today, the 25th of May, was the day my dad was cremated back in 1999. I went back to Holland that year and stayed several months. I even worked for a design agency in Zoetermeer for a while before going back to New Zealand. I used the building of the place I worked for the one my comic book character works from. A comic that I have been working on for too many years now and really need to finalise. I am hoping this might be the year.




Also today in New Zealand the tv show Shortland Street is 29 today! Which means this year it has also been that long since I arrived in this country. Big celebration next year, as it will then mark 30 years. I have lived longer in NZ then I have in Holland.





Plus it was 44 years ago today that Star Wars was first released! I still remember being 10 or maybe 11 and being blown away by the first movie.
The orginal toys are still in my collection - most of them, as I somehow lost the original R2D2 and my Obi-wan-Kenobi.

 


So many celebrations today, as we finish of with 'Towel Day' -- this  is celebrated every May 25 as a tribute by fans of the late author Douglas Adams. I celebrated it by folding the towels!

What are you celebrating today?

No comments:

Post a Comment