Monday, May 24, 2021

033 - Back to the Blogging



 




 “I knew I was alone in a way
that no earthling has ever been before.” 
- Michael Collins

Song of the Blog:
"
Take a look at me now, cause there's just an empty space.
And you coming back to me is against all odds
and that's what I've got to face."

- Phil Collins



Okay - I know... It sure has been a while...
I guess the last few years have been quite surreal. To be honest I have been thinking of getting back to blogging for a long time - I have been looking at that empty space when I opened my blogger tab that was still open on the top of my browser. It's not that I haven't been busy.. I have finished writing a trilogy, illustrated two children's books, put together some poetry books and worked on several other publications (QUBE, NZO, COMIQ and CRISP) - There are still some other projects that I hope to finish this year (secret stuff) that I will be blogging about in times to come. The month of June is coming up and that's always been a challenge for me to blog EVERY day. LET'S DO THIS !!!


The other thing that I have been enjoying is posting EPPO magazine related posts, I have started doing it a while ago and have been getting some nice reactions. They are on the 'DE JAREN EPPO' Facebook group, run by Ger Apeldoorn. To be fair, I almost stopped posting stuff on 'Fakebook', but its comic (and Stephen King) groups have actually still remained a source of fun reading on a daily basis.



For the EPPO FB group I normally find out what is celebrated on that particular day and then find any related images in the pages of EPPO - For those unfamiliar with the name, it's a Dutch comic magazine that has been around since 1975. I read them all till about 1987. There was a break for several years, but it came back in full glory in 2009. With all the familiar comic stories and a range of new talent as well. Just looking through the pages brings me joy and it is fun to be able to put a smile on other people's faces who come across these posts and hopefully it makes them remember the great times they had reading these comics.

 
We all need more joy in life - and by the way - MAIL brings me JOY - why don't people embrace the old letters and parcels again? Feel free to send me some mail (you are most welcome to add books and or other surprises) to:

eRiQ,
PO Box 60,
Hawera 4640
New Zealand

No comments:

Post a Comment