Saturday, August 10, 2019

Happy Vlogging Day!


"Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes." - Andy Warhol

Song of the Blog:
"You're gonna be famous, you want to go far
Name up in lights, everybody knows who you are
On with the show."

- Chicago



According to daysoftheyear.com, one of the best ways to celebrate this "holiday" is by uploading a simple video of yourself to your favorite social media website and use the hashtag #VlogginDay as a way to let everyone know it’s time to vlog. Funnily, the other day today to celebrate is LAZY DAY.  So, I combined the two - because I was lazy, I took a 2009 slide-show from TEN years ago and submitted it for my 10th Vlogust entry. They also mentioned how "You can also use this day to listen to your favorite vloggers and hear their stories."



A few vloggers we watch quite often are:
The Crosbys ( A wonderful family with three cute kids, one of them Claire is a singer)
Justin Scarred ( I met him back in 2008 at Disneyland, love his style of vlogging)
Disdutch (Dutch vloggers, Hous and Mike take us on our Disney and Dutch adventures)


Those are some of the channels that bring us joy on a regular basis. We also watch most of Russel Brand and a variety of uplifting videos mostly during breakfast or lunch. Personally I do watch a few comic book related channels as well. Like Michael Minneboo and the Stripvlogger (both Dutch by the way).



Since the first of August I decided to take on the challenge of VLOGUST - not to get a lot of views or to become famous. More as a challenge, to find ways to create fun little videos under 5 minutes that showcase some of the things I like. Just a fun way to familiarize myself with the software and see what can be done without having to sit in front of a camera and talk. I am not a talker.  I have 14 subscribers, probably best friends and family, so that's my audience. I hope they get some enjoyment out of them, I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment