Friday, February 21, 2020

DON’T JUDGE...

I have covered book covers before ( Link to previous BLOQ) 
- but this year I have actually created quite a few book covers myself ...


Like the photographic poetry books; CAPITAL Q (poems about Wellington),POETREE (my poetry book about trees) and the FREE photo book (on ISSUU) about the 2019 A&P Show in Hawera.


Then - of course - (blowing my own trumpet)... there was the design for my own cover. It went through a few stages, but in the end I have chosen a collage of two photos I took. One of a tree (from our garden btw) and one of a road marking.  It's symbolic of the duality between trees and roads...  for me it's like the road to heaven, the 'road' to the Grand Old Dame, that Mickey D thought of as her own Cul-de-Sac...

It also represents the location where the 'Bowie Babies' had their first driving lesson and their first kill (oops, spoiler), shaping them into who they became.

Here is a peek at some of the earlier ideas for the book cover of 'CUL-DE-SHOCK'



eRiQ,
Author, Illustrator/Cartoonist,  Photographer, Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment